'Freedivers at the White Sea' Program
Traditional freediving programs at "The Arctic Circle" Dive Centre are scheduled in spring and autumn. We offer freediving in White Sea, underwater photography and excursions! Annual ICE FREEDIVING CHALLENGE will take place in March. Start your next freediving season at the White Sea, Karelia, Russia! Bright polar sun, clear white snow and ice, black depth of the sea, exqusite marine environment, fantastic underwater ice formations and freediving!
Provisional program schedule for the trip in March:
Day 1 – Transfer from the railway station or the airport to "The Arctic Circle" Dive Centre and Lodge (Nilmoguba village, Karelia, Russia). Check in the hotel at the dive centre. Briefing, welcome meals and getting acquainted. Sightseeing walk around the Dive Centre and the Lodge premises. Pre-dive briefing and the first dive. A hearty dinner and Russian bath (Banya) in the evening.
Days 2-6 – 5 days of Ice diving programme (1-2 dives per day), excursions, ice fishing, banya, picnics with fish soup ('ukha') or kebab ('shashlyk') on campfire. Farewell dinner and departure from the Dive Centre late in the evening on Day 6.
Day 6 – When the diving program and excursions are finished, a farewell dinner and departure from the Dive Centre late in the evening. Transfer to the railway station or to the airport.
The program schedule may be changed according to the weather and other conditions
1) An open-cell neoprene wetsuit of at least 7-9mm
2) Neoprene socks of at least 7mm
3) Mitts (recommended) or gloves of at least 7mm
4) Rubber weight belt
5) Mask, snorkel, fins or monofin suitable for wearing with thick neoprene socks
ATTENTION: Plastic fins are NOT recommended, especially those by "Immersion" brand - they become fragile and may get broken in the cold
6) Fin holders
7) A freediving lanyard
- a set of warm clothes for cold weather: warm anorak and pants (preferrably windproof and waterproof), warm cap covering the ears, scarf, gloves and/or mitts, thermal underwear;
- pants or jeans, woolen sweater or fleece jacket;
- warm socks - 2-3 pairs;
- warm and waterproof high shoes (boots, winter tourist boots);
- ski mask for protection against wind;
- lip care stick and cream to protect hands and face against frost and wind;
- personal hygiene products (there are towels, toilet paper and soap in the rooms);
- We also recommend to take a small kit with the medications you need. There is a first-aid kit at the dive centre, but if you take specialized remedies or you know you might need some urgently, then it's better to take them with you.
Photo-reports from the previous Freediving programs:
The price of participation in the program depends on the room category and is available upon request.
You can easily book your participation in the freediving program right now! Call us on the phone +7 (499) 110-90-80 or send us an e-mail email@example.com.
You can also send a request using our web-form and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible!